Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy and healthy here still! Life is always movin' and a-grovin'. There isn't a weekend that we don't have something planned. We have enjoyed getting to be outside more.

Mike put up his hammock and Avolyns swing a month or so ago and they love to swing together, but separately. Avolyn is so not interested in laying in the hammock for Mike for more than 2.5 seconds. Avolyn and I have enjoyed going on walks around the neighborhood. Many nights after dinner we go out for a short walk. One of the reasons why I enjoy the neighborhood, a safe place to walk, much different than our country house in Bloomington. There will always be a special place in my heart for that house, but where we are now is much more practical. We still haven't met too many of our neighbors, but I am sure we will be now that things are getting nice out, more people are out.

There was a community yard sale a few weekends ago and we scored big. I was in the market for a bed for our baby boy, a mattress and 2 toilet training chairs for Avolyn. WE FOUND EVERYTHING WE WERE LOOKING FOR! I should give credit to Mom. If you are familiar with my mom and her shopping woes you would be very proud. We walked around until I was getting uncomfortable and then Mom went in the car to scope out farther away houses. She got back and had a chair and a mattress and a crib. What a shopper!! :) The crib was the major find. It was only used at a grandmas house maybe 12 times and had a mattress. It actually looks a lot like Avolyns, and is a 4 in 1 bed. Pretty impressive. Mom is taking applications for being the smart garage sale shopper. Let her know what you need, and she will find it for you! :)

Avolyn has loved playing outside at daycare. She is fearless and loves going up and down the slide. I was one my way home one night from work talking to Mike and he asked if I had talked to mom yet. I replied no...and WHY? He said, "well Avolyn got hurt today outside on the slide at daycare." As my heart started racing I asked , "is she okay??" And his reply was, " She broke her arm but is doing alright." Perhaps you have met my husband the joker. And at times like this I do not remember how funny he is. I started freaking out and Mike says, "She just busted her lip, but that now doesn't sound as bad as a broken arm now does it." There was a pause in the conversation. A long pause. Avolyn had her first split lip from going head first in the mulch. She is alright. Mike is alright. I am almost over it.

Avolyn is talking alllllllllllll the time. I feel bad because some time we have no idea what she is talking about. She repeats everything that is said. A few weekends ago I must of called her princess. I was giving her something, and she said "Thank you Princess". I looked at her and said Princess? and she smiled. I asked her if I was Princess did that make her the Queen, and of course she said 'Yes'. At least I know where I stand in this relationship.

We have moved the bedrooms around upstairs. Avolyn was in the smaller room, and now she has the bigger -what was guest room. She loves it. She is still in her crib. She likes the crib and hasn't tried to escape. I think it is pretty crazy to have a newborn and a toddler that has just figured out she can get out of her bed. So until she falls out of her bed from climbing we will keep her in the crib. She also has a few toys and most of her stuffed animals in her room. I would like to get a chair for her room so we can start reading books in her room before bed. We read downstairs a lot before going to bed but winding down upstairs might be a good thing. We will see. Our babes bedroom is for the most part done. We have a bassinet in our room for him, and all of his clothes and blankets, his crib and such are all ready for him. I think this weekend I will put together our hospital bag and a bag for Avolyn.

I think Avolyn is getting this whole new baby thing better. She still has no idea that I am carrying a baby. Even when we talk about baby, or I have her feel him moving...no idea. But since a few weeks ago when we started rearranging the rooms, getting out baby clothes, talking more about Baby Elliott, she understands that there are things around the house for a Baby Elliott. She was in our room and pointed to the bassinet and said "Hi-Ho Baby Elliott?" I still think it is going to be a shock when we bring Elliott home and no one comes a picks him up. I also think that Avolyn is going to be a very loving big sister. Being a mother of two is just the best already, and it just has started.

I go back to the doctor this afternoon. I really think that I am going to have a June baby. Which is just great. I still have the okay for a V-BAC. Which is promising. We had an ultrasound done last week and he is measuring around 7 lbs and has VERY chubby cheeks. I am feeling pretty good. I have uncomfortable moments, but in no way ready for this trip to be over. My back hurts and I know that parts of my body are moving getting ready to deliver. I am exhausted by the end of the day, but every day is totally worth the work that I put into it. Driving back and forth from Bloomington is getting a little old, but the changing in the colors and flowers has helped the commute.

Whefhoo! No more rambles, I promise.....now PICTURES!


The laughing that was going on in this picture was indescribable.

Grandma Peggy and her special girl


These eggs are with Avolyn 95.5 % of her life right now. Yes, she sleeps with them too.


Grandpa and Avolyn playing copy-cat game


Grand-dude reading to his favs.

A friend from work gave this little table and chair to us. This is the first time that Avolyn checked it out, and obviously LOVES it. She must of just pulled out her hair from a pony...she does that a lot. Anyway, THANKS HOLLY!

Daddy and Avolyn wrestling around. Mike has been getting quite the work out lately.

2 peas in a pod.

Off to the doctor! I will update soon, promise. Perhaps with a new belly picture. Elliott William we already love you so much!

No comments: