Thursday, October 2, 2008

No More Waiting!

Tomorrow is the day that we have been waiting for. Today was a pretty long day, and both Mike and I are pretty exhausted. We went in for our doctors appointment this afternoon. We had our ultrasound first and it was determined that my placenta was looking good as well as the amount of fluid in my uterus. It was also determined that based on the measurements that the nurse did Avolyn Rose is measuring 10 pounds 14 ounces. Because of this news our doctor talked to us about the pros and cons of natural delivery. She also discussed in great detail her concerns of birthing a big baby and more specifically getting her shoulders out. After much discussion with the doctor and then Mike and I talking we have decided to have a c-section tomorrow at 2pm. This is not at all what we have been thinking would happen. I have been a bit emotionally today. I have loved being pregnant and enjoyed becoming a mother. Having a c-section, to me, feels like I have been short-changed and unable to fulfill something that I have been passionate about. I also realize that this not the end of the world and that this time tomorrow we will have our little piglet here...and that is what I need to focus on....and that is what it is all about. So please send some positive thoughts tomorrow at around noon when we are due at the hospital and then at 2 pm when Avolyn will arrive!! Thank you for all of your support and I promise some pictures of this little lady as soon as we can.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow Sara :D

Unknown said...

Oh Sara! I am so excited for you & Mike! I can't wait to see your little bundle of joy! I know you guys are going to be great parents! I will be praying for you tomorrow, and don't worry...once Avolyn arrives, the c-section will be the last thing on your mind, and you will just feel shear joy.
I love you girl! Stay strong, and take care of yourself!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow, and after the baby gets here it won't matter as much that you couldn't have her naturally. As exhausting as the next few months will be, enjoy every minute of it because it flys by sooo fast!! I'll keep you in my prayers tomorrow!!

-Adrienne